Please visit theglen.org frequently for updates on the facility’s COVID status and visitation information. Village Health Care at the Glen is happy to announce we will be able to schedule visitation for guests wishing to visit with residents. Outdoor visitation is preferred. Indoor visitation will be permitted dependent upon facility outbreak testing. All visitation must be scheduled. Virtual visitation and window visits may continue without any change to the process.
General Visitation Guidelines:
- All visitation will be scheduled.
- Visitation will be scheduled between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday and 9:00am and 3:00pm on Saturdays.
- Visitation will be scheduled for persons 18 years of age and older.
- All visitations are limited to 2 guests per resident at a time.
- To permit as many residents as possible to have visits, visitation is limited to 1 hour.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet is required at all times.
- Guests must continuously wear a mask or face covering for the duration of the visit.
- All visitors should perform hand hygiene with alcohol based hand sanitizer prior to the visit and frequently throughout the visit.
- All visitors are to enter the main facility entrance to be screened for temperature and COVID symptoms. Please maintain 6 feet spacing at the screening desk.
- Visitors must be willing to provide information for contact tracing required by the Louisiana Department of Health. The facility is required to collect the visitors name, contact number, arrival time, departure time, and the location of the visit within the facility. This information may be submitted to the Louisiana Department of Health
- Visitors are required to report if they should develop signs or symptoms of respiratory illness or test positive for COVID 19 within 14 days of their visit to the facility.
- Residents who are on transmission-based precautions for COVID-19 will only receive visits that are virtual, through windows, or in-person for compassionate care situations, with adherence to transmission-based precautions.
- Outdoor visitations are limited to 2 persons per resident. Participants are required to maintain a distance of 6 feet of spacing and wear a mask for the duration of the visit. During periods of facility outbreak testing, guests are encouraged to postpone their visit to a later time. If the guest choses to visit, the location of the visit will be outdoors with the exception of compassionate care situations.
- All indoor visitors must travel directly to their resident’s location following screening and directly to the exit upon departure. Visitors may not visit other residents or walk about the facility.
- Guests will not be permitted to dine with residents at this time, guests are required to wear face coverings or masks continuously during the visit.
- Visits for residents who share a room will not be conducted in the resident’s room but will be arranged outdoors or in the facility conference room. For situations where there is a roommate and the health status of the resident prevents leaving the room, the facility will arrange accommodations that meet the core principles of infection control for COVID 19.
- Indoor visitation may only occur if there has been no new onset of COVID-19 cases within the facility in the last 14 days and the facility is not currently conducting outbreak testing. If visitation is paused, it will be resumed following this guidance.
To schedule a visit please contact: Cassandra Giannobile or Amy Krohn at 318-213-3500